With the compassionate help of people like you, Second Mile is a safe place where people in poverty or in crisis can get help. On a typical day, we love and listen to 55 families one-on-one and provide them food, clothing, household items, health care and more. For those ready for next steps, we equip them to grow and experience personal transformation through financial education, job readiness training, ongoing relationships and more. Make a tax deductible contribution.
Join More Than 80 Organizations Collecting Toys for Children
Last year at our facility alone, 430 children received gifts. And 115 of you came to help during our two-day Christmas Toy Store. You played with kids, served drinks and snacks, wrapped gifts and helped parents shop. Thank you! Volunteer slots have been filled for the Toy Store. Read more.
Please note: Second Mile will be closed for the holidays Wednesday, Dec. 24 through Saturday, Dec. 27 and Wednesday, Dec. 31 through Saturday, Jan. 3.
Food Pantry/Clothing Room Needs
- Soup, macaroni, peanut butter, soap, shampoo
- Warm coats, sweatsuits, flannel for under clothes, socks, earmuffs, head covering/warm caps, gloves, waterproof sleeping bag
- Dentists, dental assistants, and doctors for Pat McWaters Health Clinic at Second Mile. Get an application.
- Christmas Toy Store volunteers
- View more ways to volunteer.
Interested in making a contribution? Click here to donate now. Thank you for your support!
Subscribe to Second Mile’s Monthly E-news