With the compassionate help of people like you, Second Mile is a safe place where people in poverty or in crisis can get help. On a typical day, we love and listen to 55 families one-on-one and provide them food, health care and counseling. For those ready for next steps, we equip them to grow and experience personal transformation through financial education, job readiness training, ongoing relationships and more. Make a tax deductible contribution.
- Volunteer with Santa’s Exchange the afternoon of Dec. 12 to serve 5,000 kids in need with Christmas gifts. Or help tag and sort toys Dec. 7, 8, 10 or 11. All Santa’s Exchange volunteer events take place at First Colony Church of Christ. Sign up today!
- Collect new, unwrapped toys for children. The biggest need is for ages 8-12. Call Sheena at (281) 261-9199 ext. 213 to participate.
Giving Wisely: Will & Estate Planning Info Session (Dec. 12)
Join us for a free informational seminar Saturday, Dec. 12 at 10 a.m. with Financial Advisor Joseph Cunneff and Estate Planning Attorney Andrew Dunham. Refreshments will be provided. Bring a friend!
- Can I make a gift that produces a steady stream of income for my family?
- What do I need to know about tax laws?
- How can I protect my children’s financial security?
- When should I change my will?
Food Pantry Needs
- Canned meat (tuna, chicken), boxed goods, soap, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, diapers
- New or gently used forklift
- URGENT NEED for primary care physician or mid-level provider for Pat McWaters Health Clinic!
- Dentists, dental assistants, for Pat McWaters Health Clinic. Get an application.
- View more ways to volunteer.
Interested in making a contribution? Click here to donate now. Thank you for your support!
Subscribe to Second Mile’s Monthly E-news