With the compassionate help of people like you, Second Mile is a safe place where people in poverty or in crisis can get help. On a typical day, we love and listen to 55 families one-on-one and provide them food, clothing, household items, health care and more. For those ready for next steps, we equip them to grow and experience personal transformation through financial education, job readiness training, ongoing relationships and more.
33 Women Will Receive Free Mammograms Thanks to You!
Thanks to everyone who participated in our Me2Mammography Event at Sweetwater Country Club. With the support of women who did their mammograms through The Rose and through private donations, The Rose will provide 33 mammograms for women in need!
Pat McWaters Health Clinic Charitable Golf Tournament
What an amazing turnout for this tournament raising funds for Fort Bend’s only free clinic! Special thanks to all sponsors, golfers and silent auction bidders. Even if you missed it, you can still donate here.
Food Pantry/Clothing Room Needs
- Canned meat (tuna, chicken, chili), soup, pasta.
- Dentists, dental assistants, and doctors for Pat McWaters Health Clinic at Second Mile.
- Encouraging Allies to support Faith & Finances financial education participants.
- Child care providers Monday nights for ages 5 to 13.
- Individuals or groups to cook or purchase hot meals Monday nights for up to 30 people.
- American Sign Language translator.
- View more ways to volunteer.
Interested in making a contribution? Click here to donate now. Thank you for your support!
Subscribe to Second Mile’s Monthly E-news