With the compassionate help of people like you, Second Mile is a safe place where people in poverty or in crisis can get help. On a typical day, we love and listen to 40 to 50 families one-on-one and provide them food, health care and counseling. For those ready for next steps, we equip them to grow and experience personal transformation through financial education, job readiness training, ongoing relationships and more. Make a tax deductible contribution.
As of June 9, Second Mile has gone mobile in Rosenberg and moved all operations to B.F. Terry High School for the next few weeks to concentrate on flood relief. We have been serving on average 100 families a day with food, toiletries, water, clothing, etc. People who have not been affected by flooding but need assistance may call 2-1-1 for referrals to partner organizations that will be available to help.
Volunteers are needed 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at B.F. Terry High School on 5500 Avenue N and can walk in to register.
Current flood relief needs are:
- $25+ gift cards to Walmart and Target
- Personal care items: soap, deodorant, feminine hygiene, laundry soap, travel-size toothpaste, toothbrush, travel-size shampoo/conditioner.
Fund the Forklift
Thank you to all who contributed to replace our forklift with a “new” used forklift. We have reached our goal!
- URGENT NEED for primary care physician or mid-level provider for Pat McWaters Health Clinic!
- Dentists, dental assistants, for Pat McWaters Health Clinic. Get an application.
- View more ways to volunteer.
Interested in making a contribution? Click here to donate now. Thank you for your support!
Subscribe to Second Mile’s Monthly E-news