With the compassionate help of people like you, Second Mile is a safe place where people in poverty or in crisis can get help. On a typical day, we love and listen to 55 families one-on-one and provide them food, health care and counseling. For those ready for next steps, we equip them to grow and experience personal transformation through financial education, job readiness training, ongoing relationships and more. Make a tax deductible contribution.
The Opportunity Shop Opens June 1
The new resale shop will offer quality, gently used clothing at great prices to our neighbors and the community. Get store hours and learn more here.
Faith & Finances Class Begins in May
If you would like to take this class, you must attend a mandatory information reception Tuesday, May 12 at 6 p.m. Learn more.
Volunteers are needed to serve as Allies or to help teach/mentor children of participants. Register here.
Food Pantry Needs
- Pasta, boxed goods, soap, shampoo
- A carpenter for a small to medium wood build project (to be completed in May).
- An electrician for a small job (to be completed in May).
- URGENT NEED for primary care physician or mid-level provider for Pat McWaters Health Clinic!
- Dentists, dental assistants, for Pat McWaters Health Clinic. Get an application.
- View more ways to volunteer.
Interested in making a contribution? Click here to donate now. Thank you for your support!
Subscribe to Second Mile’s Monthly E-news